Did you know that in the US, there are 1000 deaths every year related to electrical accidents?
Owning a house comes with many responsibilities. It’s not only about taking good care of your property but also ensuring that everything is in working order.
Any support systems in your home, such as your electrical system, require regular maintenance. Never assume that because it’s new or works, it’s not under proper or constant maintenance.
If you’re worried about your electrical wiring at home, then continue reading to learn more about the signs you need to hire an electrical contractor.
- Frequent Power Outages
Overloaded circuits, faulty wiring, and old, outdated equipment are all potential causes of power outages. Left unchecked, power outages can lead to more serious problems like fire or electrocution.
A professional electrician like white electric can help you troubleshoot the problem and make the necessary repairs.
- Flickering or Dimming Lights
Flickering or dimming lights can be caused by a variety of issues, including loose wiring, faulty light fixtures, or a power surge. This problem with the wiring in your home can be a fire hazard.
If you notice your lights flickering or dimming, you should contact an electrical contractor to come and take a look at your electrical system.
- Sparking Outlets
Over time, outlets can become loose, allowing electricity to arc and spark. This can be dangerous, and it’s a sign that your outlets need to be replaced.
If you have outlets that are sparking, it means that there is an electrical current that is not being properly grounded. This can be extremely dangerous and could lead to a fire. Therefore, it is always best to err on the side of caution.
- Burning Odor
This is a serious problem that can be caused by many things, including a loose wire or faulty electrical components. Don’t take any chances and call a professional to come and take a look at the situation.
It’s usually caused by a loose connection or a faulty wire and if left unchecked, it could lead to a fire.
- Frequently Blowing Fuses
Overloaded circuits, faulty wiring, and outdated electrical panels can all cause your fuse box to trip. This is especially true if you have old wiring in your home. While replacing fuses is a relatively easy fix, it’s only a temporary solution.
In some cases, the problem may be with the electrical panel or the wiring. It could be a short circuit, an overloaded circuit, or a problem with your electrical panel.
A professional electrical contractor can help prevent future problems by making sure your electrical system is up to code.
Find a Professional Electrical Contractor
If you’re not sure whether you need to hire an electrical contractor, look for these signs: flickering lights, sparking outlets, blowing fuses, and burning odor. If you see any of these electrical problems, it’s time to call in a professional.
They’ll be able to assess the situation and make the necessary repairs to keep your home safe. So, get that electrical wiring fixed!
If you find this article helpful, check out the rest of our blog.