Trees are beautiful. They are home to birds and animals, give us fruits and shade and provide aesthetic value to our homes. But, they can be life-threatening when they or their broken part fall over power lines, cars, houses or people. Calling an arborist for tree removal Mississauga prior to such hazardous event can be helpful to prevent the damage.
A hazard tree is the one which has the potential to fall and break on the target like structure, vehicle or person. The type of target on which the hazard tree falls decides the damage caused by the fallen tree. For example, there is a difference in the damage caused by the fallen tree on a fence, house or people. Prioritizing tree removal can prevent such damage.
What to consider?
Tree Age, Species and environment are three important factors to consider while calculating the tree hazard. Every species has an inherent life span. If the tree is very old then, the chances of tree hazard increases. Generally, longer-lived species should be preferred. The climate and weather of the area should also be considered while planting trees.
What to observe?
1) Observe the decay in the trunk:
Trunk decay is the major cause of a falling tree. This decay can either be due to fungal infection or termite attack on the trunk. This infection weakens the wood. Too many reproductive structures, dead branch stubs, swollen butts, wounds, and cankers are the signs of advanced decay. However, a hollow tree may not be a sign of decay always.
2) Check the crown:
Crown vigor and good form is the sign of good tree health. Dieback, V-shaped, forks, and lopsidedness are indicators of the poor health of the tree. Repeated insect defoliation and soil compaction also indicate stress.
Root disease is often indicated by on ground signs like thin crowns, dwarfed, off-colored leaves, stunted growth, discolored wood and fungi growing at the base of the tree.
Tree Hazard management Tips:
1) Call an expert arborist post hazardous weather: Post a hazardous weather event like a storm, it is always safe to call an arborist. He will check the conditions of your lawn and will advise accordingly.
2) Prevent any threats from a damaged tree: If you find any decay, broken limbs or branches in your tree, it is always recommended to call for tree removal Mississauga. This will prevent any future damage to the property or people.
3) Seek Government support for trees falling on roads: If you find a risk of a tree falling on the road, you can seek support from government officials to avoid the damage.
4) Regular Care and maintenance is a must: To avoid any sudden damage, it is always better to take care of lawn and tree. Do regular pruning of dead branches, nourish them with composite and fertilizers and do regular watering to maintain the good health of the tree.